Consumers anticipate a rewarding experience every time they procure goods and services. Most customers trust the brands that provide reliable and high quality products. For companies to capture their target market and retain existing customers, they have to ensure these basic provisions. Customer service should as well be available anytime to welcome inquiries and complaints. In recent years, business organizations have been conducting various campaigns to enhance customer service and thus improve customer engagement. Many have integrated digital technology and self-help applications to provide more avenues for interactive business communications.
Customer satisfaction is the key to customer retention and growth. Every year, a lot of businesses are losing billions due to poor customer service. To prevent such downtrend, it is important for companies to assess how they manage customer engagement. Here are a few notable points to consider in customer service.
1. Be informed of the current customer preferences in business communications. Nowadays, more consumers choose to use social media in connecting with companies. According to a global survey by The Real Self-Service Economic Report, 70% of around 3,000 consumers expect business websites with self-help applications.
2. Always aim for a rewarding customer care experience. Customers are likely to share their positive experience and even refer the brand to other consumers. On the other hand, unproductive engagement could lead to bad publicity and decreases customer confidence in the brand. The Global State of Multichannel Customer Service Report states that 97% of consumers worldwide consider customer service as an important factor in their choice of brand.
3. Many customers do not settle for poor service levels in exchange for discounted products. Maintain a balance of service and price in promoting your company’s products.
4. Customer service representatives should be equipped with the necessary training and information for them to engage customers efficiently. Disappointing service is usually due to poor response and inaccurate information. CSRs are more confident in engagement when they have knowledge of the culture and consumer behavior of the market they are dealt with.
5. Satisfactory levels of complaint handling contribute to customer retention. Welcome a customer’s statement of dissatisfaction and be versatile in handling the complaint to come up with a win-win resolution. Many customers tend to forget the details of the conversation, but will always remember how a customer service representative addressed their concern.
6. Multichannel customer service must be personable and interactive. Customers appreciate speedy and efficient service on every business communication as well. The integration of technology should not diminish the amicable feature of business-to-consumer (B2C) connections.
7. Be very familiar with your client base, their needs, and purchasing behavior. Monitor economic and political changes that may affect the industry as well. Knowledge of these conditions helps CSRs in facilitating a more fruitful business conversation.
Successful customer engagement has numerable benefits for a company. In addition to brand loyalty and endorsements, businesses get to deal with their consumers’ concerns effectively. We at TQVS do our best to maintain high levels of customer engagement. From the Client Services team to our call centre representatives, we try to ensure that communications correspond to our clients’ needs. We have high satisfactory rating, and we seldom encounter problems or complaints. We take a proactive stance in settling customer concerns and queries.
TQVS has high regard for customer experience. Our top management has a wealth of experience in consumer engagement and continuously learn from current interactions. We work towards improvement to ensure that we fulfil our client expectations and the company’s goals as well.